Diem Fuggersberger successfully started the food flavour business Berger Ingredients in 2009. Not long after, she spotted a gap in the market which led her to establish Coco & Lucas, a range of healthy kids meals.
Diem has not only managed to successfully compete against bigger and more well-known competitors but also to work with them.
Case Study Key Takeouts
- One of the biggest advantages a small business has is that it is nimble and can quickly adapt to consumer mood and feedback.
- Unlike corporates, don’t focus on what competitors do but focus on what consumers want.
- Before you get started, do your research very thoroughly.
- Unlike larger competitors who often make products that fit their production line, focus on providing according to consumer trends and needs.
- You can work with larger competitors by filling in a gap and offering what they don’t already have.
National Channel Director
ADKO Plumbing Services
Marketing Manager, Art Director
Sydney Harbour Escapes
Panel Key Takeouts
- In order to create emotional engagement with your customers, humanise your brand.
- The absence of a bad experience won’t make your customers loyal. Make your customers feel special.
- Marketing is more than just advertising. It is the end-to-end experience a customer has in dealing with your company and brand and how you can influence it.
- Nevertheless, advertising is a great way to expand your opportunities and reach beyond your network.